Please Let Me Share

Tom Kerr, Jr (9:16 pm EST, 1/4/22) 

Tonight, was an amazing night for me. At about 5:30pm, I was standing in front of the refrigerator, wondering which one of the leftovers sounded best for dinner. At that moment, there was a knock on the door. A young man delivered a pizza and wings from the best pizza joint in America, Stefano's Pizzeria. He said that they heard I might be lonely. I determined that it was Whitney who had arranged the delivery by calling Amanda. Thank you, Amanda at Stefano's. 

In a talk given by David A. Bednar, he pointed out that the defining characteristic of Christ was His selflessness and how He always thought of others regardless of the pains He was enduring. When I determined that it was Whitney that had made that phone call to ensure I had dinner, while enduring all that is going on in her life right now, I immediately thought of Elder Bednar's teaching. I love you dearly, Whitney.

But that is not the best part. Something even more remarkable happened this night. I received a phone call from Whitney. Whitney said, "Hello Dad. I have someone here that wants to say hi to you."

The next voice I heard took my breath away. "Hi Poppi!" It was barely audible through the phone, but my eyes welled up. I could tell she was struggling to talk, and I had a difficult time understanding her, but it was my Pepper Anne. With her mother's help as interpreter, my granddaughter and I were able to have a short conversation before she told me goodnight. She asked about my new puppy, Violet, and wanted to know, "Why is she so wild?" We were able to laugh a moment together about how crazy puppies can be, then she said, "Goodnight Poppi." Her words made me happier than I have been in quite some time. I really cannot describe how I feel. I love that little girl.

Goodnight, little Pepper Anne.

You would think that would be enough, but there is more. Just as I stood up from my prayers and got ready to climb into bed, I received a video from my wife, Julie. It was a video of Krew. His face is still hardly recognizable, and I gasped when the video first opened, but then I heard my wife and Whitney talking to Krew. "Where's your tongue, Krew Krew? Can you stick out your tongue?" There was no motion, his eyes were closed, but then, his little tongue slipped out from between his lips. Oh my!! I love that little boy.

Goodnight, little Krew Krew.



Comments

  1. This made my eyes well with tears. What beautiful, precious moments. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thank you fir sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment