The Best Laid Plans

Whitney (1:39pm PST, Monday 8/8/22)

We are doing our best to get into somewhat of a routine. I was standing in a Target all by myself at 9pm one night after tucking the kids in and I found my self on the office supply aisle. I was staring at the whiteboards trying to decide which would best assist me with my attempt to organize a shattered life. I started bawling. First out of overwhelm, wondering what the heck are you trying to do? I had no idea where to start, and started questioning my abilities.

Then the shift. Gratitude poured in, through me. Here I was standing in a Target with the opportunity to plan and schedule for my family, as a whole. I was so taken with gratitude I started to cry even harder. Kyle got them out. I am forever grateful for the ability and opportunity to schedule appointments, meals and entertainment for our sweet kiddos. I keep having little moments like these and they take me by surprise and catch me when I least expect it. I walked out that night with a $10 whiteboard and some new markers. Ready to conquer the week. 

Our kids thrive on routine and schedule. As much as I’d like to fly by the seat of my pants, it’s not sustainable. That being said, being flexible is also crucial. Sometimes you have a plan and it’s going great and then bam, something big happens and those plans go away. Does that mean your plans weren’t good? Or that you made a wrong decision? I’m learning that isn’t true. 

We all have stuff that comes up and changes the plan. No matter how monumental or how small it doesn’t matter. Everyone’s stuff is valid. Learn how to roll, change and smile while doing it. The “stuff of life” losing a friend, divorce, death, moves, injuries etc. it doesn’t just stop, it will always be there. Embrace the stuff and for heavens sake be ready to stretch. We aren’t designed to be stagnant, we are living ever changing beings. I signed up for this wild ride, we all did. Hang on tight, get ready to scream, laugh, cry and don’t forget to enjoy the ride.




Comments

  1. I needed thus today. Stretching hurts and I think it was meant to. Stretching makes it possible for us to fit more in emotionally.

    Just like when a woman carries a child her skin Stretches and leaves marks so that a beautiful baby can grow within her. Our challenges stretch our emotional capacity so we are able to grow and be more useful for our Lord.

    Keep up the great job. You're doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too needed this today, such a wonderful message…your life has been turned upside down but you always manage to help others with your words. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copeland Family, I follow y’all from Kentucky as a single mom of two teenagers….from the moment I came across your instagram my heart broke for y’all, reading about how you put your dreams first, then traded hit. You don’t know me, but you guys cross my mind daily, when I say daily…,you are each individually prayed for by me…as well as praised….your story has taught me perseverance, grace, & to be a better person in general. Thank you for sharing your story, you will probably never get an answer on “why” this happened, but I will say this….you are changing lives, I will always continue to think if y’all and pray for fast, full recovery….Our God is amazing & I'm grateful for the big light you shine to others like me. Ty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your story and beautiful family on Instagram. I am praying for your healing and your family. You are all so inspirational. ❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the updates and your Journey I look forward to seeing how your family is progressing we love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment