My Scars Are Beautiful

Whitney (8:00 AM PST, Thursday, 6/16/22)

We enjoyed a beautiful buffet dinner last night. We were invited to join a group of burn survivors and it was so nice meeting new friends and enjoying an outing. 

Krew really connected with a new friend that has been through so much with his burns. He was so gentle and kind with Krew who in true boy fashion wanted to show off all his scars. Krew started off very uncomfortable and a bit scared around him and visually struggled seeing him with his scars and missing limbs. By the end of the night Krew left the restaurant giving him a big bear hug. 

Pepper really enjoyed sitting by dad and it was the first time she was independent in public. It was so nice to see her go up and get her own food and enjoy casual conversation with other adults. She’s a light and I’m so excited to watch her shine! 

Thank you @myscarsarebeautiful





Comments

  1. Looks like a lot of fun 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much courage and love. You are all in our prayers ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read this, I felt tears of joy...that your family is all together again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son was in the U of U burn unit for several months. We, too, received a visit from a burn survivor who came to share his experiences and help me understand how I could help my baby boy navigate the coming months and years. I still tear up as I remember this sweet 16-year-old survivor smiling across the ICU bed and telling me to tell my little guy when he gets self-conscious about his scars — “Don’t worry! Chicks dig body damage!” 🤣🥹 What an absolute legend. Best wishes and much love from one survivor family to another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your sweet family at chick fil a today in the play place and just had to come home and comment how great it was to see you all together. Pepper is a great big sister! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Te admiro tanto como mamá!! Eres la más valiente de todos ! Tienes un corazón enorme , y un amor por tu familia que se que lo valoran y mucho.
    Dios los ama grandemente! Son momentos difíciles para ellos pero lo están haciendo muy bien ! Se adaptarán y serán seres maravillosos! Un abrazo gigante y apretado 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation for above comment: I admire you as much as mom!! You are the bravest of all! You have a huge heart, and a love for your family that I know they value very much.
      God loves you greatly! These are difficult times for them but they are doing very well! They will adapt and be wonderful beings! A giant and tight hug

      Delete

Post a Comment