Never Alone

Whitney Copeland (8:15am PST, Tuesday, 4/26/22)

We are continually bombarded by helping hands, happy smiles, encouraging words and open hearts. It’s sometimes so overwhelming. But in the best way. Like a full to the brim after thanksgiving dinner feeling.

So I’m needing to open up and publicly share my thanks. Our thanks. Some of these won’t make since you any of you, but writing them down will help me to never forget the cherished moments I’ve shared with other humans. Most complete strangers. This long list is a summary of all the people who have loved on us. 

To the ER Dr. who held my face in his hands and told me to prepare myself before I saw my hurt family members in the ER in St. George. He put his arm around me and walked to each room from bedside to bedside with me. I don’t know your name. But I love you. 

To the beautiful life flight woman who re-assured me that Pepper was her entire world for the next 2 hours that she was going to be life flighted to UMC. I believed you. And to all the crew members that got each of them into the trauma center at UMC. I’m so grateful we got to hug you. 

To the case manager at the St. George hospital that ran around making sure I had everything from a tube of chapstick to a list of phone numbers of my closest relatives because I only had the clothes on my back. 

To the EMT that drove Krew & I to the regional airport to board the plane that would life flight us to UMC. You slipped me that $100 and hugged me tight. Your generosity will never be forgotten. 

To Holly the lady in the trauma waiting room in UMC. You let me borrow your phone for a couple of hours, and gave me a Dr. Pepper. I was in shock and you were so patient and kind. I didn’t even know yet if all 3 had made it, and you sat with me. 

To the Red Cross representatives that showed up to help me, and gave me my first debit card. You kindly hugged me, some rules are meant to be broken. 

To the women local to Las Vegas. I don’t know many of you. But with in 48 hours I had a cell phone, clothing, shoes, underwear, toiletries, food and so many encouraging notes. I needed you, and you dropped everything and came running. I know you had families, jobs and other obligations but there you were. Serving me. 

To the endless family members and friends who rallied, took care of my family afar. Our Kade and Emree were taken, just a few hours after the chaos. They were loved. They were cared for. There were ALOT of days that I didn’t even speak to them. But I just knew. Knew they were being loved and cared for. Thank you forever. 

To the crew that dug through the ashes and salvaged, and cleaned any belongings that were still in one piece off the bus. Those things were all we had left from our home. You quickly came to our aid. Those items are cherished. Thank you for serving us. 

To each individual who have shared their experiences with us. Whether it be personal stories or similar trials. We thank you for your ability to be raw and authentic, it gives us hope. Because that my friends is where we can meet God. When we reach out to others. That is where we can be humbled enough to keep getting on our knees and know we are NEVER alone. 

To each and every one of you that have so willing donated your time. Your money. Given rides. Babysat our children. Shared your meals. Cleaned our home. We could not do this without you. We are over and over again reminded of Christlike love. We want to be more like each of you and share all we have. 

Lastly to our loving parents. We have been blessed with four. Thank you so much for dropping everything and running to our aid. We know you had lives and jobs that were put on hold. You were at the bedside of each of our children and Kyle for countless days and hours. No one has sat alone or was in need of a friend for the duration of their stay in the hospital. We are so grateful for your sacrifice and your time. You are some of our greatest examples of what it means to be a parent. Thank you for showing up for us. 

We are reminded over and over to be kind. To love others. It’s really impossible to know what is going on in someone’s life. Forgive the distracted driver. Pardon the crabby cashier. Smile at the forgetful waitress. They are just regular people going through a thing called life. Find ways to uplift and show kindness no matter the circumstance. Find joy everyday.



Comments

  1. I feel you. Sending love

    ReplyDelete
  2. So powerful, you are amazing. Your family is so strong and are the light for soo many. You deserve all of the support and love. If you need anything, please let me know.
    Cefaratti2006@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing words. In times of crisis I love that people show their true colours and serve as if it were their own family. So wonderful to hear how much love you were surrounded with and how much good there is in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried reading this! Brings back incredible memories of when our son was critically injured and help came from every direction! God shows Himself in amazing ways through amazing people!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully written reminder of how many good people there are out there. One of your Instagram posts randomly came across my page a couple of weeks ago. I have followed along since, quietly cheering from the sidelines for all of you. As a mom of four myself, your strength and resilience in the face of incredible tragedy is awe inspiring. I will continue to hold you and your family in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful words Whitney, they made me feel as if I knew those amazing individuals that supported your family…they echoed to me that kindness and compassion can be a tremendous powerful force. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all so loved. Loved from people afar and people close. Loved from family, friends and strangers. My family has been blessed the same way. The hands and hearts and love and prayers are from all brothers and sisters in Christ. All of us are instruments for Gods hands. Sometimes we are the givers and sometimes we are also the receivers. We all love you so much and your strength in the Lord in these trials strengthens so many others testimony of our Savior. Our family sends up prayers everyday for you following your ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not help crying while I read this. Today I really needed to hear about the good people do. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this and yes, always find ways to uplift! Your family continues to be in my prayers as healing continues for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire your strength. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness what a powerful read. This is what we all need to be reminded of. How to show up for others. Put our needs aside for someone that needs so much more than we do. This is what I want to do and be. I'm so happy these angels were there for you in your time of need and that your family has been blessed by this love. I read your updates as soon as I see them and look forward to the next. You are always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still would love to see your family at any homeschool event 🥰 we meet at Gravady every Tuesday at 12, come anytime on us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just so beautiful. Thank you for sharing this ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so amazed by you and your words. I don’t know the story of your family but I am humbled by your strength and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. “ Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you, I will really hold on to you with my right hand of righteousness.” - Isaiah 41:10

    “ I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope. And you will call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” - Jeremiah 29:11,12

    “ Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you” - James 4:8

    I hope these scriptures will bring you and your family some comfort ❤️

    You can also read more here that will help you - https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/peace-happiness/coping-with-tragedy/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your grace and positivity are beyond this world. God bless you and your family 🤍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment