Leaps Forward and Pepper's Awake

Kyle (10:19pm PST, Thursday 3/3/22)

Pepper slowly came out of her paralysis yesterday and had her breathing tube removed this morning. Her grafts look great! Her body seems to be accepting them well. She's currently on A LOT of medications to control infection and allow her to be as comfortable as safely possible. She is showing signs of withdrawal from the drugs she was on during paralysis, but that will work it’s way out within the day. 

I'm sitting next to her now and she's watching a show waiting for her Olive Garden dinner to arrive. Whitney and I are going to have a HUGE dinner with her. She hasn't eaten in 5 days and can’t wait! 

Krew's hands are tight, but we're massaging them. We were able to get him into a prosthetics doctor who will create splints to slowly correct them over time. Pray for his hands. He needs a little miracle. 

Kade and Emree joined us on Monday, it felt incredible to be reunited. We made sure to have a few family activities lined up right away. We took them to a children's museum and played HARD... it was great! To be honest, I'm a little sore from climbing through the jungle gym chasing the kids. 

Watching Krew’s adorable little run as he laughed so hard he could barely move was a heartwarming moment. People, especially other kids, are very kind to him. 

Kade and I went down a slide I now know was not designed for a full grown 210 pound man… it hurt. I bent in half. Kade laughed at my pain. It was great.

Emree is my tender hearted loving baby girl. We danced on stage, did a puppet show, and pretended we were pirates. Her laugh is incredibly genuine and contagious. Playing with my kids is a true joy. 

Overall... we had a big week full of big leaps forward in our family’s healing and recovery. Having Kade, Emree, and Krew home makes things feel a little bit more normal. 

We pray for our Pepper everyday and have hope we will all be together soon. Today, she told me, “Dad, I’m grateful it happened to us and not to another family. They might not have made it out. We made it out. We can do this, we are strong enough, right Dad?” 

Yes Pepper, yes we are… thank you God for this incredible child you sent us. I learn from her daily.

We love you all. You strengthen us greatly. Truly, thank you for loving us.

-Dad




Comments

  1. Your family is such an inspiration! I am still sending lots of prayers, but I am SURE God is with you every step of the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, Pepper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment